Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

Rubber! Dunlop and Pirelli Tyre Test

It's really the last "event" of the season. The annual Daytona tyre test is where teams are invited by Dunlop (for three days) and Pirelli (for the following two days) to come and test and prepare for the 2008 season, moreover, it gives those teams that will be entering in the Daytona 200 (along with the Superbike teams, however, there is only one Superbike race during this event) the chance to tweak settings and so forth before the Christmas break. Normally the test is closer to Christmas, however, this year it happened during the last weekend in November, first weekend in December. As is the case, the weather on the first day was dodgy, and it rained. Thus not much happened until the last couple of hours in the day.However, during the subsequent days the weather was a lot better and all of the teams managed to get out on track and do their work....For me, I really do enjoy the trip to Florida for the tyre test. The teams are relaxed, there is a good friendly vibe as most of the riders are getting itchy feet (wanting the season to start again), and of course, there's the wonderful sounds and smells of bikes on track.....

Oh, and I am pleased to see Chaz (Davies) and Neil (Hodgson) back on this side of the pond for the 2008 season.. Yes, I am a little biased...

I hope all my readers had a safe Christmas, and I would like to wish all of you a safe New Years. So be good, dont' drink and drive and have a blast!

Andrew (and remember my my 2007 AutoMotoPhoto Review is now available!)

No comments: